It's always challenging to drop off a child for their first day at a day care center. How can you be certain that this place will care for this child like you would? But there are a few simple steps you can do to make this process better, before and after you make your toddler learning programs Redwood Road, UT selection.
Before Your Decision
- Set Up a Visit: There is a wide range of day care facilities, from tidy and up-to-date to dirty and antiquated. Take a look inside to know what to expect. You should also familiarize yourself with the instructors.
- Verify Accreditation: Accreditation means that a day care program meets standards that go beyond what is mandated by law. Look for the seal of approval by the the National Early Childhood Program Accreditation (NECPA), the National Association of Young Children (NAEYC), or the the National Accreditation Commission for Early Care and Education Programs (NAC).
- Check Adult-to-Child Ratio: In order to do good work, there can't be more children at a day care facility than what their staff can handle. A ratio of four kids per adult is suitable for infants, while one adult to every 10 children is the standard for age 4.
After Your Decision
- Meet Regularly: Arrange regular appointments with the day care staff. This is an easy way to stay up to date with your child's behavior, what they are learning, and upcoming events.
- Volunteer: Volunteer appointments can always be found at day care facilities. This doesn't only mean changing diapers. You could also come after hours to clean rooms or repair toys.
- It's OK to Change Your Mind: Are you unhappy your day care center? Don't be afraid to make a switch. You cannot allow an awkward conversation to put the well-being of your child at risk.